Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day one on Medifast

Scale says : 398.2

I have been here before. Excited, ready to go. Ready to start my “new” way of life. Today is the beginning of a new day where I have a clean slate, to begin my journey anew. Prior to winning the Medifast contest I was going start following a calorie counting program. Just normal foods, nothing special, just 1500 calories a day tracked in a food journal. My plan went out the window in anticipation of starting this program and I managed to gain more weight before starting the Medifast program today. It’s what I do best. Binge before the diet. Eat everything I want to eat to get it out of my system before the diet begins. Ugh. The scale does not lie. It says 398.2.

But I still have hope. Because as long as I am still alive, I will never stop trying. Today is day one of my Medifast program. I have committed to giving this program 110% of myself over the next 30 days. Once I am done with the 30 days, I will move on to a calorie based program of 1500 calories a day. I am using this program to jumpstart my weight loss journey. I am looking at the Medifast program as a tool, a resource if you will to help me get from point A to point B.

This morning as I ate my very first Medifast Meal of Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal *I was shocked at how much I disliked the flavor. It was a bit bitter and gritty. The strange thing was that I was a bit grateful that it wasn’t yummy. It was just food. Something to nourish my body, but not entice my taste buds. I plan to eat 5 Medifast meals a day with one Lean and Green Meal for dinner each night.

There is no magic bullet. I must be willing to do the hard work it’s going to take to get honest around food. There is no easy fix. If there was one, I would have found it by now. But the one thing I do know is that I must eat to live and stop living to eat. I need to be able to eat in a way that is realistic and doable, sustainable. If I take drastic measures with the kinds of foods I eat then sooner or later I will not be able to sustain that way of eating and binge. I need to find a solution that fits my life. Something I can do each and every day for the rest of my life. I just need to remember that I have another meal coming. Food does control me, I control it. Food does not fix anything. It can’t make anything better. The only power it has is the power I give it. It is time to stop making excuses. I want to succeed. I wonder what I am so afraid of that I keep hurting myself with food?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a good start! Stick with it and after a few days the hunger pretty much goes away most of the time. Email me anytime! And check out those support boards :)

    ReplyDelete