Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I don’t have to be perfect to make progress

I was thinking about it this morning. How I allowed "perfection" to keep me a prisoner for so long. Perfection! There is no such things as perfect. But it’s something that has been the demise of so many weight loss attempts for me. How many times have I started a weight loss plan only to fall short of sticking to the plan "perfectly" and then allow that to be the reason to throw the whole program out the window. Why do I do this??? Life is full of choices, some good and some bad. It is foolish of me to think that I can go all my life and never make a bad food choice, yet it is exactly what I do. I need to embrace the fact that I am perfectly imperfect, and that is okay. I can be less than perfect and I can still become a healthy person even if I don’t always choose the most healthy choice. I can make a mistake and not throw it all away. Aiming for perfection is okay, but falling short can no longer be used as an excuse to abandon my weight loss program. It makes no sense to undo all the hard work for one bad choice or bad food day. I really need to embrace the mantra of Progress Not Perfection.

Today I may strive for perfection, but if I fall short, it’s okay. Another meal is coming where I get a chance to do better. Progress, NOT Perfection is something I have been saying for years. But it’s time I stop giving lip service and put those words into action.

Until next time, be well.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment