Friday, August 20, 2010

Today is Day 17

All my life I have been overweight. I have tried so many diets out there with various degrees of success. The success was of course contingent on how well I complied with the rules. When I stopped following the rules of engagement, the weight came back fast and furious.

Today, I am making healthier food choices. I am following the rules like my life depends on it. Because quite frankly, my life does depend on it! The only way I am ever going to be relieved of this hip pain & knee pain is to lose this weight so I can have a hip replacement. The only way I will ever be able to walk and not rely on a electric scooter or wheelchair is if I become a normal weight. I must be strict with myself concerning the rules of my program. There can be no more excuses. There is no more room for putting off what needs to be done today. No more starting my diet on a Monday only to be off my food plan by the weekend. I don’t have that luxury anymore. After forty-two years of this self destructive behavior the ONLY option left for me is DOING! It feels good to be making myself a top priority. My food addiction has taken me to places that I wish to never see again. There is no food that is worth the amount of life that I have missed out on. There is no food worth the physical, emotional, or mental hell I have endured all these years do to my poor food choices. I am not willing to look the other way any longer. I know that it is now or never for me and I MUST be accountable.

I really don’t care why I eat badly. It does not matter. What matters is that I am done with destroying my life with food. Food is meant to be enjoyed. The food is not bad, I have been bad with the food. I have taken something that is suppose to nourish me and I abused it. No more. There is nothing that tastes as good the as the thought of being able to walk freely unaided and not in pain. There is nothing that tastes better than the thought of being the best grandparent to my darling grandchild. There is absolutely no food out there worth dying young for and leaving behind those that I love and that love me before my time. I want to get my sexy back. I have lost it and aim to find it again. I want my husband to have his wife back, the way we used to be. It’s hard to believe that it has taken me so long to get arrive at this place. But arrive I have. I am changing and I am ready to get this party started!

Until next time, be well.
Linda~

No comments:

Post a Comment