Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 43 Getting Stronger Everyday

I can’t believe that it’s been over a month since I started this weight loss journey. Mind you I have started many similar weight loss journeys
thousands of times before. With each new diet there was so much hope. But that hope would soon fade to feelings of hopelessness in short order. So many failed attempts left me feeling like such a failure. Feelings of dispair, fustration, disapointment, anger, worthlessness, fear, and self hate. I hated myself everytime I chose the food over what was good for me. Fearful that I would never be able to conquer my compulsive overeating. This weight loss journey was and still is one of the hardest things that I will ever do in my life. But in spite of always falling short, soooo many failed attempts, I am still willing and thank God able to work my program to get my life back. The choice is mine. Do I want quality of life or an early death.

Every day my commitment to losing this weight and changing my life is tested. Some days the food thoughts are so relentless that I think I will lose my mind if I don’t act on them. But I have learned that I can walk through those hard times and come out on the other side stronger and more confident. The more I don’t give in to those foods, the stronger I get. I am really beginning to understand that these feelings that I feel when the food calls to me are not facts. In fact, they are just…FEELINGS. If I continue to be honest around my food, I KNOW I can become the person that I want to be and I will walk without the aid of a cane or wheelchair and live a life free of the chains of obesity.

Everyday that I say no to the foods that take me out I say yes to a my new life. My life depends on my good choices. I asked God on a daily basis to give me the strength to embrace this new way of eating. Thank you God, I am GRATEFUL~

Today the scale says 375.8. That’s 2.4 lbs down from last week, which is a total of 22.4lbs down.

Until next time, be well.

Linda~

No comments:

Post a Comment