Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Worshipping the Scale

I decided to weigh this morning. I was looking forward to a loss of some kind. Instead, the scale told me that I was up two pounds... UGH!!!
Why is it that the scale has such power over me. Eventhough I know that it is probably just water weight that causes these fluctuations I still find it upsetting to see the number go up. I guess it's because I have so much weight to lose that I want the weight loss to just consistently go down. Time is of the essense. I am tired of being fat. It is really disappointing when I see a gain and I am really trying to do all the right things to support my program. I need to work on not giving that darn scale so much power. It is just a tool. It produces a number that does not take into consideration how many things I have done right. Perhaps it might be a good idea to just weigh every Tuesday to alleviate the emotional distress I experience when the scale does not give me that instant gratification I am looking for....I know that if I just keep doing what I am doing the weight will come off. I also need to remember that if I choose the let scale dicatate how I feel about my weight loss journey I will binge on something to make myself feel better for the moment but this action is self destructive and serves no other purpose but to keep me exactly where I am now.

2 comments:

  1. The only temptation that has come to you is that which everyone has. But you can trust God, who will not permit you to be tempted more than you can stand. But when you are tempted, He will also give you a way to escape so that you will be able to stand it. I Corinthians 10:13 NCV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support Kathy! I can do all things through Christ! I will allow this blog to be my escape :)

    ReplyDelete