Monday, July 20, 2009

Detours

Okay, I did it again. I did some sightseeing again and took a major detour from my food plan. Of course this off ramp had me lost for 4 days going in circles which cost me a 6 pound gain. Today I weighed in at 385! Yuck! It sure does go on faster then it comes off. This will teach me to read the signs better! These types of detours are dangerous for me. However, I am going to try to gleam some knowledge from it instead of beating myself up over it.

I checked my BMR today. The calculator says that in order for me to stay the same, I would need to eat about 2,384 calories a day to maintain my weight. We all know that it takes a deficit of about 3,500 calories to lose one measly pound of body fat. I am going to aim between 1500-1800 calories a day. If I feel less less hungry and might tell less detours.

For me, I need to count calories. Maybe one day I will be able to just eat by my satiety level but for today that mechanism is broke in me. Therefore, I believe I will always have to track my food intake. I still think that tracking my food is a small price to pay to live inside a normal size body. Thank God I am back on the highway of life.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throw away that SCALE. Don't weigh all the time. This heat makes you retain water too ya know. Once a week is almost too often to weigh. Be kind to yourself, leave the scale behind you! I am praying for you. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete