Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 84 Decide

I have heard this word a lot this week. Decide. I like this word. It is strong and powerful.

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines the word decide as follows:

a : to make a final choice or judgment about
b : to select as a course of action —used with an infinitive

Well I have DECIDED that even if the number on my scale does not line up with my dedication and good choices concerning my food, I will not stray. I will not stuff my face with food and throw my hands up in defeat. No, I have decided to just keep on doing exactly what I have been doing. Eat healthy foods, write down what goes into my mouth, and continue to track my 1500 calories each and every day.

The only thing I might change is weighing in so often. I think I am going to start weighing in every two weeks instead of weekly. This will provide some distance between me and the scale. While I love it when number on the scale goes down, it's quite another story when the number goes up. Even more discouraging when you stayed the course and don't know why the scale shows a gain.

Today the scale says 368.6. That is a gain of 2.2 lbs from last week. I don’t feel I deserve this gain. But you can bet that the next weigh-in that number will go down. I have decided!

Until next time, be well.

Linda~

No comments:

Post a Comment