Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 71 Food

I worked really hard this last week to make healthy food choices and to reverse the gained weight from my unplanned binge last weekend. I am not going to lie and say it was easy. It wasn't. But I also realized that no two days are the same. Some days are easy no brainers and other days I struggle all day to make good choices. There are some days that I battle the food from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. It has been really hard to change the way I think about food and not be the person I have been around the food for over 42 yrs.

A Facebook friend of mine told me that it is important to understand that FOOD is not enemy. The enemy is ME. The battle that I am fighting is the wrong battle. I need to be my own champion and get out of my own way so I can be successful. I have lied to myself for years, and justified my behavior for so long so that I could continue to eat what I wanted, when I wanted it. It’s time to understand that food is my friend and it’s here to sustain me, and it’s me that abused that relationship, not the other way around. I am a work in progress.

Today the scale says 369.4. That’s 2.4 lbs down from my lowest weight of 371.8 two weeks ago. That's more like it!

Until next time, be well and happy.

Linda~

No comments:

Post a Comment